The Forms Tab also has a number of sub tabs, Contained Items and Extents. Details of these are found at the bottom of this document.
Product Forms: This is where you will specify the various formats/ bindings available for a particular title, such as Hardback, Paperback and Ebook (Electronic Book Text).
- * Form: Choose the appropriate item from the drop-down menu. You will notice some of the fields change when you select Electronic book text, for instance. This change reflects the validelements for that product type, ie: for form Electronic Book Text an Epublication Type classification [PDF,Epub, etc] is expected.
- Only fill in the Product Form Detail if you want to add more specifics about the format; the same goes with Additional Information. Neither of these are mandatory.
Epublication Type will become available when Electronic Book Text is selected. Similarly, Audio products will enable the Content Type fields & DVD products will enable the Region field.
- To add more formats, click on Add another product form; fill in the fields.
- Much of the information already added for the original edition (such as the Hardback)
will populate the data for subsequent formats of the same content. You will know when to fill in data separately for each edition because a set of tabs, each labelled with a
different ISBN, will start appearing as you move forward through the Books tabs:
- To delete a format, you must go back into Books, click beside the relevant title, then click on Remove Selected.This is because each format appears as its own title record.
Click Update when you are finished.
The Contained Items Sub Tab
Contained Items: This should only be used for mixed media products or quantity packs. This allows you to specify what products are included in the item, for instance a book with two CDs.
- Add individual lines (by clicking on Add another contained item) for each item within the product and then fill in the fields for each:
- * Product Form: Choose from the drop-down menu.
- Product Detail and Additional Description: Only fill in these fields if you need to get more specific with the production information.
- Number of Pieces: This is relevant when you have more than 1 of the same item in a mixed media product.For instance, if you had a book with 2 CDs, then you would add the figure for the CDs. If you have 1 book and 1 CD,then you should leave this field blank.
- Pack Quantity: This is the number of copies of the specified item contained in a pack. It is relevant for counter packs and retail packs containing a number of copies of the same item or a quantity of each of two or more different items(such as a dump bin carrying copies of two different books, or a classroom pack containing a teacher's text and twenty student texts).
- ISBN13: Each item within the mixed-media product should have its own ISBN13 entered - if each contained product has an ISBN13.
Click Update when you are finished.
The Extents Sub Tab
Extents: This particular tab is used only for media products such as CDs and DVDs, so that you can specify running time. Whilst there are options in the drop-down menus for page and word count, do not use these items. You will need to add the page count/ extents for the books under the Publication tab, which we will see on page 10. If you do not have media items, then leave the fields in this tab blank. If you do have a media item, then the following fields are mandatory:
- * Extent Type: eg. Duration/runningtime
- * Value: eg. 120
- * Unit: eg. Minutes
Click Update when you are finished and move into the next maintab.