The Publication tab is where you will provide the core product information about the book. This is the basic meta-data about the title. Further information about the various options are detailed below.
- * City of Publication: The system is configured to have a default (see General Config), however you can change the default for individual publications if necessary.
- * Country of Publication: The system is configured to have a default (see General Config), however you can change the default for individual publications if necessary.
- Announcement Date: Choose the date from the calendar.
- Copyright Year: Such as 2005.
- * Publication Date: Choose the date from the calendar.
- Year first published: The year when the work first appeared in any language or edition, if different from the copyright year.
- Publication Season: The items in this menu will vary depending on the publisher's requirements. For instance, some publishers may use Autumn whilst other publishers may use July-Dec to denote the autumn season. For more information about adding items to this menu, go to the categorisation section.
- Publishing Status is the first part of the system where you will state the availability of your title. Similar information is located in the Price tab, and is referred to as the Product Availability.
- Number of Pieces: This refers to the number of items within the product. If the title record is for 1 book without extra pieces, then leave this field blank. If it is for a boxed set, for instance, then type in the number of books included in the set. You only want to add this when the items within the pack are all the same size and format. For items in different media, you will need to use Contained Item; see the Forms Tab for more information.
- Number of Pages: Details the total number of pages in the title. You can add further information by clicking on More Page Data and expanding to show the following.
- Height x Width: Both Imperial and Metric systems are displayed here, one of which will have been specified as your default (see General Config). The other measurement will be calculated for you. Most UK publishers will use mm whilst US publishers will use in.
- Thickness: This refers to the thickness of the book's spine.
- Weight: Of the product; choose from the drop-down menu.
- Edition Type Code: This is an ONIX code indicating the type of a version or edition. Eg: Revised
- Edition Number: The number of a numbered edition. Normally sent only for the second and subsequent editions of a work.
- Edition Version Number: The number of a numbered revision within an edition number. To be used only where a publisher uses such two-level numbering to indicate revisions which do not constitute a new edition under a new ISBN or other product identifier.
- Edition Statement: A short free-text description of a version or edition. When used, it should carry a complete description of the nature of the edition, such as 3rd edition, revised with an introduction and notes.
- Illustration Note: This is a field for free text that describes the type of illustrations within the book, such as: Over 1500 colour photographs (see also illustrations on the Other Tab).
- Promotion Campaign: This is a field for free text describing the promotion and advertising campaign for the promotion.
- Promotion Contact: This is a field for free text giving the name, department, phone number, and email address for main point of contact for product.
Click Update when you are finished.
Continue to the Publisher tab.