In order to add an organisation to your system, whether that be a corporate contributor, a retailer, a distributor, etc, toggle over to Contacts in the main menu of the Stison system. Then click Organisation Admin, which will take you to the main Organisation Admin screen:
This is where you can create, edit and delete all the companies that you work with.
You can delete organisations by checking the square in front of the organisation you want to delete and then clicking on the Remove Selected red button towards the top of the screen. Please note, however, that if the organisation has been used in other modules of your Stison system, then you won't be able to delete it.
Clicking on Create New will take you to the Details Tab, as shown here:
First, you need to check the correct Organisation Type box towards the top of the screen. This allows you to control where the organisation is displayed within the system. Make sure to tick the Title Management box so that the Organisation appears within Title Management.
- Imprint & Publisher - These items refer specifically to your company's name and any imprints you may have. Ticking these items ensures that both are available to draw from in the Publisher tab of Title Manager. Please note that if you want the Imprint to appear in the Rights Module, leave the Show In Title Manager checkbox unticked.
- Supplier - This refers to the organisations that distribute/supply your titles in various regions around the world. Ticking this item will ensure that the organisation appears in the price tab. This should be configured on your system before you start using it. This will also make sure it is available as a distribution channel in the royalties module.
- Contributor - Ticking this item will ensure the organisation can be allocated within various sections of your Title Manager system as a author, illustrator etc to particular titles, for instance in the Contributor Tab.
- Printer - Ticking this will ensure that the organisation appears within your Production module.
- Funder - Tick this item if you want to draw this information out from the Marketing tab.
- Retailer - Tick this item if the organisation will be functioning within your system as a customer or retailer in the Royalties module. Publishers, for instance, who buy rights to your titles will need to be ticked as retailers.
If you would like the organisation to appear within your Royalties module, then you will need to click the: Show in Royalties? box as well.
- Next, type in the Organisation Name. If you would like to add the item to a Parent Organisation, click on the symbol. This helps aggregate together multiple organisations, for example different Waterstones' branches for reporting purposes.
- Agent: Clicking onto the magnifier will bring up a list of your Contacts Admin so that you can allocate the appropriate agent to this organisation. Please note that you must first add the name through Contact Admin before you bring it in to this section of the system.
Clicking on Ids(Identifiers) will provide you with the following new fields that you can complete if you have the information readily available:
Clicking on Contact Details will open the following new fields that you can complete as well:
Clicking on Addresses will open the following options:
Check the boxes if the address is a Default and/or Royalties Default. Best practice is to tick both of these. In order to add the address details, you will need click on the notes symbol (marked with the red square in the image above) and the fields relevant to addresses will come up on your screen.
The drop-down menu enables you to differentiate between addresses, for instance delivery versus billing.
To add another address, click on the blue button called: Add another address.
If you have any notes about the organisation, you can leave them in the space provided:
When you have entered all the information about your new organisation, then click on the Create button to ensure the work is saved..
If for any reason you need to edit the data for the organisation, click on the relevant name within your main Organisation Admin list to be taken back into the record.
Region of Operation:
In this tab, you can specify the relevant regions associated with an organisation (typically a supplier). The information works similarly to the Rights tab.
In the above example, you can see that GBS is set up so that they cannot sell the title in the US, United States Minor Outlying and Canada (in other words North America). This has implications on a title's Price tab, as shown in the following screenshot. You'll notice the separate information for GBS, providing the relevant information for prices in ROW (excluding North America). With these two parts of the system working together, the Region of Operation will ensure that the GBP data goes out in the relevant feed.
Also, please note that this information is translated into an ONIX message under the 'market' composite. Each product supply composite has a market, which is where you are defining where this set of suppliers can supply to. In our example above, GBS will then be defined as a supplier within that product supply node set, as shown here:
<market>Supply restriction in here</market>
<supplier>supplier & price data in here</supplier>
This is different from Sales Rights, which apply to the rights YOU hold for a title that you are selling, and therefore appears in a different part of the ONIX file.
Check the boxes accordingly and add an Organisation Description if necessary.
In this tab, you can add a Sales Type for the organisation, as well as an Account Number:
Please note! If you are adding a Retailer who you will eventually upload sales and returns data from, you MUST make sure that you allocate the Sales Type. Allocate a particular Sales Type by selecting from the drop-down list. In the example below, we have allocated Wholesale as the Sales Type for Bertram's Books in the UK. You can access further information about how to add these sales types to your system.
All contacts associated/allocated to an organisation in Contacts Admin will come through to this tab. If there is no information here, this is because no contacts have had this particular organisation linked to them. You can use this portal to go back into Contacts and add them to your system.
If this is the case, click on Create New and complete the information.
This is where you will add all the relevant information related to the organisation's royalties if they will be included in your statements. The information added here will then automatically appear in your Royalties module.
There are a lot of fields available to you here. We will take you through some of the most used ones. Please bear in mind that this information can also be recorded through individual Contacts Admin.
- Name on Statement: This information will automatically be filled with the name of the organisation. However, you may have a need to specify a name on the statement that differs from the organisation. You can do this here.
- Tax Number: This depends on the country, but it could be a national insurance number, social security number, etc. and is usually related to a person rather than an organisation.
- Withholding Rate: This is a percentage to deduct per statement and is relevant in the United States of America. The government requires that the payer take funds from the payee before they receive their royalties (similar to PAYE in the UK). It is usually about 10%. Even if they haven't earned minimum payment, the withholding tax must still be paid. The author gets nothing this time around.
- Withholding Amount: This is a fixed amount to deduct per statement, regardless of the statement total. For instance, we could take £25 off your payment each month as it costs us £25 each time we send you money.
- Withholding label: Enter a descriptive label for the above withholding amount, for instance: Bank Transfer Fees.
- Minimum payment: You may need to keep back the royalty payments until a contributor etc has reached a minimum payment total. You can enter that information here.
- Payment Currency: You may need to pay royalties in a different currency from the one that is configured on your system. You can specify this here.
This part of the organisation's record will automatically be populated from other areas of your Stison system. In this example, our fake Italian Publisher has purchased rights to a few of our titles.
If you were to click on Create New from this screen, you will be taken to the Rights - Contracts, where you can add a new contract. Then the information will be available to view in this part of the organisation's record as well.
There are further tabs available including: SEO, Print Runs and Rights Options. Please note that the first SEO URL will be generated by the system itself. Print Runs and Rights Options are both drawn through from the Production Module.
As with any part of the Stison system, make sure you have clicked Update to save your information.
In this tab, you will find the space to add any URLs related to the contact. This is useful for publishers currently linking their Title Manager module to their Website module. Please note that the system will automatically work out what the website URL is based on the name of the organisation. You must hit 'update' within this tab in order for the URL to be saved.
If the organisation is connect with a particular title, and that title has shipped, then you will be able to see the information listed in this screen. You can use the search functionality as shown in the screenshot above.
Here is where you can find any rights options currently in progress If you hit the create new button, you'll notice you'll be taken to the Rights module where you will be adding a new Rights Option. Once you confirm and save the item you added, then it will be present in this tab within Organisation.
This is where you can merge organisations that are operating under different names. When accounts are merged, it will keep the master account and delete all other instances. The name and account number will however remain unaltered.