In the Media tab you can upload further content such as audio or video clips, downloadable PDFs such as teacher’s resources, images, etc. You can upload items to each format edition of the book or you can add the information under the tab Shared, so that the item will be displayed across all editions of the title.
There are three areas to this page:
- Cover Image: If you will be using the system to populate information and images to your catalogue files, then it’s best to upload a CMYK high res images here. The system will then appropriate the image type depending on where any feeds are going. For a web feed via ONIX, for instance, the system will automatically change the images to RGB JPGs.
- Other Assets: This area can be used as a repository for material and can also filter through to your website so that the material appears as downloadable items for your visitors.
Onix Media Files: If you add info in this area then the material will go through your ONIX messages to your regular recipients (eg. the bibliographic data agencies).
Uploading a cover Image
- Ensure that the relevant image is stored in a folder that you can access.
- Click on the Choose File, this will bring up a file explorer window.
- Navigate to the file you wish to upload and select this.
- Click on Update at the bottom of the page.
- The Image will upload and a thumbnail will appear on the screen.
There are a number of options within the cover Image:
- If there is a white tick on a green background this indicates that this image will be sent out in any onix files. Toggled on (will send) Toggled off (will not send)
- You can add notes to the image by clicking on the middle (paper Icon). Notes will be seen at the bottom of the image if there are any logged.
- Clicking on the link button will open up the image asset information. You can then record more information about this asset, such as geographic, print or digital restrictions.
It is possible to store more than one cover image alongside a title, this allows you to see a history if the cover image changes over time. It is important that only one is selected to be sent out in you Onix feeds.
Uploading Other Assets
- Ensure that the relevant files are accessible from the computer you are working from.
- Click on Upload. A new window will appear on the screen prompting you to add files to the Upload queue
- Either drag and drop the selected files on the upload screen or Click on Browse and find the files on your computer.
- Click on Start Upload and the files will upload to the system.
- Additional Information can then be added to the files.
Other Asset Information Fields
This area can be used as a repository for material and can also filter through to your website so that the material appears as downloadable items for your visitors.* Information is added by clicking on the space in the relevant field - this will bring up an editable window.
- File Name This is automatically filled in on upload
- Name You can give the file a label, that is separate to the actual file name.
- Section: Sections are created through the Asset Management menu.
- Teaser: A brief description of the item.
- Live: If you want the material to show up on your website, then you will click on the little box that comes up. The site will automatically update the field with a ‘1’. If you are just storing the material, then leave this blank.
- Downloads: If the file is downloadable on your website then this will provide a count of the number of times it has been downloaded.*
- Publish Start & End: If you want the item to be added to or removed from your website after a certain period of time, then add the relevant date to this field.*
- Private: Here you can choose whether the file should be stored in private (not externally accessible) or public directory.
- Final: This denotes if this the final confirmed version of the asset.
- Validated: If the file is an ePub and has been automatically fed through out validation tool it will be noted here. *
- Created: This field automatically populates with the date and time that the item was uploaded.
There is as limit to the amount of data that can be uploaded per title of 200 megabytes. If you need more space then please contact the support team.
* These options are only available if using Stison's Web or Ebook tools.
Uploading Onix Media Files
If you add info in this area then the material can sent out through your ONIX messages to your regular recipients (eg. the bibliographic data agencies).
- File Type: Choose the appropriate item from the drop-down menu.
- Link Type: Choose the appropriate item from the drop-down menu.
- Depending on what you choose, the remaining fields needed to be filled in will adjust accordingly. For instance if you choose filename, then the next field will give you the option to browse your computer for the file.
- Include in ONIX? Tick this if you want the item to be included in your ONIX feed.
- Image Resolution: Manually type in the size of the file in DPI (such as 300, 72, etc) if you are sending through images (such as front cover images).
- Click Update when you are finished.