Adding Print Run Data Follow
Now that you've added the project to your production schedule, and you've ensured that the applied schedule fields are related to the format it is printing in, you can add information about the actual print run. There are a lot of options here, so we will take you through some of the key items.
1. Navigate over to the Print Runs tab, where you will see the following:
We have marked in red above all of the formats that are currently linked to this particular title. We are showing you firstly a print run for a Paperback, but it is important to note that you can also access other formats of the title from within this screen too.
2. Complete the first set of available fields with the title's specifications. This includes the height and width, page count, etc.
3. As you move down the screen, you can add specifics regarding the print run itself.
Some Key Points:
- Print Run Label: This information will already be in place when you add a project to Book Production.
- Printer: The items in this drop-down menu are added through Organisation admin.
- Quantity Ordered: The information you type in here is entered initially as an estimated quantity. Once all orders are in place, you can click on the blue: [confirm] and the screen will adjust, as shown in the screenshot below. If you want to return the quantity to an estimated number, un-tick the item we've circled and click Update again.
- Once you've added orders in the Orders tab, the information will come through to this tab as shown above by the red 4. Clicking onto the number will bring up a little dialogue box with the orders currently recorded against the print run.
- Unit Cost: When you add this information, the system will automatically calculate the estimated total cost based on the unit cost multiplied by the quantity ordered. Once you confirm the costs in the Costs tab, the actual cost will be recorded in this tab too. Please note that this is the only way that the information can then be available within a title's Profit and Loss (P&L) .
4. As you continue to move down the screen, you will be able to add further details regarding the paper and project comments. The more details you add the better for reporting purposes and to help make decisions for any future printings of the book.
5. When you are finished adding your data, click the Update button to save the information.
You are now ready to add information pertaining to any orders and costs that you may have for this print run. We call these: Recording Orders & Costs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.