You have an idea that has been going through various stages of discussions and steps within Editorial. After much discussion and negotiation, your company has decided to take an idea and turn it into a book.
1. In order to move the item to Book Production, go into the record within Editorial, as shown in the screen shot. Click onto the final tab called Outputs, which we've marked in a red box.
This will then open the following screen:
2. You need to add a Work title. In the example above, we have called this First Print Run. You may want to call it: First Edition, First Printing, or whatever makes sense for your organisation.
3. As this title record has only ever appeared in Editorial, you will need to tick: Create in Title Management. If a title has been confirmed for your production schedule, it will need to exist in Title Management too. You need to also tick Create print run in order to put the title in Book Production.
4. When you click the blue Update button, a new button will appear on the screen. We've marked it in a red box.
5. Click Create Products Now and the title will then appear within the Book Production list, as shown below:
With the title now securely in place in Book Production (and also your Title Manager module), you are ready to assign staff to your tasks.
Moving books from Title Manager into Book Production is slightly different than the process described above.