Production staff is a filtered list of people who you wish to assign specific production tasks to. This list does not include all users or all contacts associated with your organisation, but is simply a list of people that will perform production tasks in the creation of that title. You will need to add staff names through this part of the system, even if they already exist in contacts admin.
Please note that if you have freelance staff who support your production schedules, that they should not have access or user permissions of their own to your Stison software. Instead, you can monitor who is responsible for what tasks by adding them in this section of your Production module. An internal member of staff will have to update the system for them when tasks are completed.
1. To add staff names to the system, click on the Production staff from the main Production Admin menu.
2. When a new window comes up, click on the Create New tab, and fill in the following fields:
3. Type in the email address first. If the email address is already on the system, then the rest of the data will be automatically populate when you click on the name. If the email has not already been added, then fill in all the fields: Short / Nick Name, First Name, Last Name.
4. If you want to add another contact method other than an email, click on the notes symbol , then on add another contact method and a new set of fields will come up:
5. Now you can add a phone number, a blog URL, a mobile number, social network names etc. just choose from the drop-down menu. Clicking on the “+” symbol will allow you to add a description if necessary. You can add as many contact methods as needed.
6. Choose the Department from the drop down menu - if using departments. Here is more information regarding how to create departments.
7. Colour: Choose a colour to represent each member of staff on the Production Scheduling grid. To do so, click on the colour field and a colour pallet will open. Move the cursors up and down to find an appropriate colour and then click OK. Please note that if you do not allocate a colour to a newly added staff member, you will see an error message come up. Click the back arrow on your browser and then allocate the colour.
8. Click Create when you are finished.
To remove a name from the system, click on the box beside the name within the main Production Staff page and then on Remove selected.