The Editorial Deadlines tab is designed to be a list of dates for tasks that need to be completed before a book can progress to the production stage. These tasks do not necessarily have staff assigned to them, but are rather things that need to be done. The tasks may show in the checklist (if the site is using the checklist).
Please note that in order for this tab to have tasks within it, you must have first added them as editorial tasks in: Production Tasks/Costs.
Also, you need to have created a default schedule template in production admin. The schedule that appears in this tab is taken from: Production Admin --> Schedule Templates --> Default --> Deadlines.
What we have available in our demonstration system might look different to what you have in yours. This is a basic starting point from which you can see some of the possibilities available in this tab. Some publishers have opted out of having this tab.
- The Next Action field - this links through to the field found in the Title tab, or can be clicked on for Free Text.
- Add a Due date and Assign a member of your team to it. You can add a new person by clicking on Free text next to the field. To go back to the team list, click on Staff. This field links through from the Title tab.
- Set the dates for different phases and check the complete boxes when the tasks are Complete.
- Choose the date on the calendar for: Target Contract Date, Target Publishing Date, Contract Sent.
- Tick the boxes when the tasks are completed:
- Reviews Returned
- Feedback Given
- Contract Returned
- Budget Created
- At the end, you can add an additional note in the Comment field.
Click the Update tab when you are finished.