This is where you can see a complete list of your active books. There are three key components to this screen: Searching, Filtering and Actions. Each of these is detailed below.
The total number of titles on your system is displayed under the Records Found heading. In
the sample below, the system has 77 titles on it.
- To search for a title manually, type the name into the Search for box and click Go.
- To round up a specific set of titles on the screen, click on the Advanced Filters button. A new window will pop up with the option to Select Filters to apply. Choose accordingly.
- Custom Columns: To add or remove columns from the screen, click on Columns. Choose the relevant item from the drop-down menu and a new column reflecting the data will be added to your screen. You can also change the sequence of the columns by dragging the cross icon up and down.
- Custom Query: This will allow you to choose the columns you wish to see and add what restrictions you wish to place on the data. You will be able to choose what constraints are applied across the query with drop downs on greater than, less than, equals, contains etc.
- To add a column of images, typically covers. To remove this column, click on Hide Icon.
- After ticking a set of titles you want to remove from the system, click on Remove Selected. If the publication date is less than 3 months in the future, the titles will be archived instead of deleted, as the system assumes you have already sent the records to the biblio agencies. To achieve Nielsen’s Gold Standard, you must submit your title records a minimum of 12 weeks ahead of pub date, bearing in mind that most wholesalers and retailers expect title information 6 months ahead of pub date. For more information about why you need to archive titles on your Title Manager system, go to page 9.
- To view the titles that missed their pub dates and were cancelled from your publication schedule, click on Show Archived. To return to your full title list, click on Show Active.
- After manually clicking on the boxes beside a set of titles, click on Show Currently Selected and a list reflecting those specific titles will come up on the screen.
- To create a new title record, click on Create New this will take you to a new screen and you can start creating a new tile.
3. Editing A title
- You can adjust the order of the books as they appear in the list by clicking on the column heading, for example: Title; this will reverse the order of alphabetisation.
- To amend the information of a book already on your system, click on the title name and make changes to the fields where appropriate