Rather than manually adding a payment to your Royalties system, you may want to upload a spreadsheet with several payments that you've made at the same time.
We will take you through an example of a basic payment file, as shown here:
1) Navigate to Royalties --> Payments/Advances
2) Click onto the upload payments file button as circled below in red:
3) You will be asked you to find the relevant file on your computer. Click Update when you have.
4) The system will process the spreadsheet, attempting to map out the column headings from the file to the headings on the system. You must check each column individually to ensure accuracy. Here is how we've mapped out our example:
5) In addition to mapping the column headings, make sure the data fields above them are accurate for the file, for instance the currency and the payment type.
6) When you are sure that the column headings are accurately mapped, and the fields are ready to go, then click onto Process File and then again on OK, as shown below:
7) The system will process the file. If there are errors, a report of issues will be flagged on your screen. Click into each individual error to review what may be the problem with the file. In our example, we've successfully uploaded the information and this is how it looks:
The boxes beside each item above indicate that the payments have not been applied to a pay run on the system. You could delete these payments if necessary because of that. However, once you complete a pay run, those squares will no longer be available. You will need to email email@example.com to help you remove the items.
If you would like to view an individual item, click onto the payment date and you will be taken to a screen with the following information:
In addition to this article, you can view the following video to watch the process of uploading a payment file to your Royalty system. The instructions assume that you will download the remittance advice from the system and upload them.