You have an idea that has been going through various stages of discussions and steps within Pre Production. After much discussion and negotiations, your company has decided to take an idea and move forward with its production schedule.
1. In order to move the item to Book Production, go into the idea's record within Pre-Production, as shown in the screen shot. Click onto the final tab called Outputs, which we've marked in a red box.
This will then open the following screen:
2. You need to add a Production Label; in the example above, we have called this First Print Run. You may want to call it First Edition, First Printing, whatever makes sense for your organisation.
3. As this title record has only ever appeared in Pre-Production, you will need to tick: Create in Title Management. If a title has been confirmed for your production schedule, it will need to exist in your Title Management module moving forward. You need to also tick Create print run in order to put the title in Book Production.
4. When you click the blue Update button, the following button will then appear on the screen:
5. Click Create Products Now and the title will then appear within the Book Production list, as shown below:
With the title now securely in place in Book Production (and also your Title Management module), you are ready to move toStep 3: Assigning Staff in Production Schedules.
Moving books from Title Manager into the Production Schedule is slightly different than the process described above.