Stison has multiple points where there is the ability to upload data in bulk. The system will allow you to upload: text files, Onix files, CSV files and Excel files. There are a number of points that will need to be checked to ensure that the system will function correctly.
- Make sure that the last column of the file does not contain any blank cells (the system needs to see an end of line marker if it is a text file). We recommend adding a column at the end of your spreadsheet where each cell is populated with the acronym: EOL (End of Line). This way the system will know not to try to pull data from anywhere else in the spreadsheet. Then when you map out the columns on the system, just mark this column as Ignore.
- Remove any extraneous header information so that the top row only contains the column headers.
- Make sure that there are no extra tabs within the spreadsheet.
- Remove any other data that does not belong to a record ie totals and calculations.
- Make sure that all dates are formatted in the same way.
- Make sure that all numbers are free from separators (ie 1000 NOT 1,000), and do not have any currency symbols.
- Include a column with your Supplier for every upload as this will ensure the system to map out the data accurately.
These basic points will ensure that your data uploads correctly.
We also suggest that you upload data in batches so that you can check to ensure that the information is going up accordingly. We usually start with 5 titles and about 5 columns. Expand from there.