This is the part of your system where you can create and schedule recipients of your Metadata (including the all important Onix feeds) Click on Create New to establish a destination and fill in the following:
* Destination Name: The organisation receiving your feeds, eg. Nielsen Book Data.
* Task: Here you can choose what it is you wish to send, in this instance you would need to choose Send Onix from the drop down list.
* Sender Details: This drop-down menu will be populated on your system by Stison and is based on the people in your company responsible for sending ONIX messages. Choose the relevant name. And add the email address in the box below.
* Destination Type: You can send ONIX messages direct to FTP sites or over email.
* Host: This is where you put the FTP site URL.
* User Name: This is provided by the recipient of your messages.
* Password: This is provided by the recipient of your messages.
Path: This relates to specific folders within a recipient's FTP site. Nielsen, for instance, has a folder for Images and a folder for Data.
Notify email(s): If there are recipients who need to be informed when a feed is uploaded to their FTP site, add their details here and an email will go out as a matter of course.
Encoding: The default is UTF 8. This is generic coding and can take on any character set. The recipients of your ONIX messages will tell you what they prefer.
Onix Version: You can choose between 2.1 and 3.0 it is recommended where possible the 3.0 is sent.
Tag Format: Recipients will tell you whether they prefer Short or Long.
File Name Prefix: You can customise the file name here.
Unicode Accepted: This will automatically be ticked; leave as is.
Clear Last Timestamp: This is the date/time when a feed was last sent and ensures subsequent feeds include only new titles or titles that have had changes made to their records. By ticking this option you tell your system to send a full title file on next send.
Send Empty Files: Some organisations require a file sent every time the feed is scheduled even if there have been no changes. Checking this option will allow this to be sent.
Send Updates: Establish how often your system generates and sends feeds out. The Once option is used for test files to establish your ONIX compatibility. After a feed goes out once, the system will update this field to Off. When your files are approved, then you can set a feed to go out either Daily, Weekly or Monthly. These all run on Saturdays.
Click on UPDATE and the feed will be set and ready to go.